Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Long Time, No Post

Here I go again, last post in September??? Shame on me. Oh well, I am here now. I don't like the winter one bit. I am definitely a summer girl! If you are a friend of mine on facebook, you probably already know all that has been going on in our lives.... What have we been up to since September?

We got a new dog from the animal shelter - a lab named Charlotte.
Over Thanksgiving, John and I went to a cabin in Broken Bow Oklahoma (we took Charlotte, too)
Thanksgiving with my family
Christmas with my family and then down to Houston to see John's side of the family
Last month, we went to Houston again for Amanda's wedding shower - Wedding is soon...April 24th
Two weeks ago I ran my first 5k!

One of my new Year's Resolutions was to start jogging/running. I downloaded the Couch to 5k app on my phone and followed it all the way through. My friend Lauren and I completed the program and celebrated by Running the Leaping Leprechaun 5k! I credit Lauren for keeping me motivated to run the whole thing. Here are a few photos from the race.

Isn't Lauren so cute??

We are talking about signing up for another 5k in May....Heels and Hills in Irving. I am hoping to improve my time a little. I am also toying with the idea of starting a fitness and food blog separate for our "family" blog. I have a lot of random thoughts that I would like to share and I think it will help keep me accountable for how I am eating and exercising. I have a name picked out for the blog, just not quite ready to share just yet. I am hoping to keep our family blog more updated as well! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I think the food blog would be awesome! I would read it for sure!! =)